CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 14, 2009

Springtime

I can't believe that it is already the middle of May. My blogging has taken a very large backseat to the many other things that have been happening in our lives. The largest couple of events have been buying a house and Bristol turned 1 year old May 11th. What a difference a year makes. It has been marked by some very large changes and transitions.
So here is a little rundown of updates for the last couple months.


After not being able to go to Cabo, Bristol and I went to Arizona for a week in February. Travis had to stay home and work :( but we enjoyed the sunshine tremendously.
He loved the plane ride. I loved having the help of my mom rather than trying to manage him myself. He enjoyed the flight attendants. Mom and I flew down a couple days early and Dad came down for the weekend. My grandparents (Mom's parents) were staying in the casita for a couple of months. It was really fun to see them. We saw a lot of family and friends, went hiking a lot, and enjoyed the sunshine.

Still likes to drink out of the faucet for bathtime.

Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Jerry go him a log truck complete with logs. He loves it.

Reading with cousin Riley.

My cousin Luke got married to Ingrid. It was a beautiful wedding in Fountain Hills.


Bristol took it all in with a little bottle of milk on the green grass. He didn't really like the grass- a lot different than snow.



I love milk- now if I could just keep it in my mouth.

Grandma put some water in a tub. Clearly it was a hit.

Sleepy boy- fell asleep on a hike.

Grandpa loves to feed me meat.
Evening fire and sunset.
Back to Alaska
We went to see the ceremonial start of the Iditarod this year. I have never gone to see it even though I grew up here. It was fun, clear, and very chilly.
Trying to keep the cheeks from freezing.

I couldn't keep enough layers on him.

B loved watching the dogs take off. If it was only warmer.

We still love reading.
Milk Comatose

In the rocking chair
Auntie Jenn sent him a cute martian shirt. Thanks Jenn!
Our Remodel Project
I have figured out a lot of things about myself this year. Among them is that I am not really cut out to live in a "in progress of remodeling" house. We have been working really hard both inside and out. I like to say that we bought Travis another project. It keeps us both extremely busy. I feel like I am on an HGTV show, but the results are much slower. The house had a lot of different colors- peach, seafoam green, pink, mauve, and an equal amount of really ugly wallpaper.


This was my favorite room in the house. Four shades of pink/peach and bad wallpaper. It is now Bristol's room. He went from always sleeping in the closet (we had walk-in closets in the last two apartments) to his own room. It continues to be a work in progress, but the pink is gone.

Yet more peach, red, and grey.
Helping me pack- Since leaving home after high school, the longest that I have lived in one place has been 8 months. It will be a little strange to stay put for a couple years.


B is interested in helping with everything.

Cousin Kendall send us a "Flat Kendall" based on the story of Flat Stanley. We had to show him around so that Kendall could learn about Alaska. Of course, since he was in Alaska he needed a pair of mudboots and the only kind to have up here are Xtra Tuffs.
Trying out our mudboots with Grandpa.
Mark came up for Easter weekend. This is our attempt at a family picture, that Mark had to make a run for because of the timer. It was really fun to see him for a couple days even though we missed Kelly.

Eagles up at the house. It is definitely beginning to look like spring.
We have on our hands a kid that loves to be outside. He now sits at the door and cries when he has to come in. It has been so nice and sunny that we have been able to be outside a lot. Plus, the yard needs a lot of work so Bristol can be outside "helping."


No green grass yet...


We went to a family picnic and one of the little boys had a motorized bike. He loved to drive.

Mothers Day

Bristol was born on Mother's Day last year. He is such a joy to me. He loves his red hat!

We went down to celebrate Mothers Day in Homer. It was a combined work trip as we had to get our boat groceries and nets loaded onto the tenders that are headed over to the fishing grounds. It was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed taking a break.


Helping Grandpa grill on the deck. I sort of joke that we need one of those little doggie doors that is Bristol's size and then he can just go outside.
Bristol is 1

Aunt Becky and Uncle Jim sent Bristol a present. Grandpa and Grandma Tobin sent some really nice clothes- still a little big to wear but they won't be for long.


Haba blocks- he loves to demo the towers and buildings that we build for him.


This is his favorite pose- looking straight up. He especially likes airplanes and birds.



Grandma made him a carrot cake. He of course wanted just the candle.






After he figured out it tasted sweet (it was the first cake or really anything sweet like that he has ever tasted) it was all over...
I sort of feel like that when it comes to sugar also- eat as much as you can. :)

Never knew carrots could taste soooo good....



Marco and Brit and Jessie came over on his real birthday. No cake, just strawberries and shortcake after shish kabobs.
Amanda and Derric got him a personalized rocking chair that actually doubles as a walker. He loves to sit in it as well as push it around the room.

Pushed it into his "house" (the new washer box).


Look at my teeth- 3 on top (the 4th one is just starting to break through) and 2 on bottom.









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures Ann! You certainly have been busy! Keep up the hard work!

Love,
Ang