This morning when I stepped outside and realized that there was snow on the mountains and it was 37 degrees- I came to the hard realization that summer is really over. I stepped back inside and put on my down jacket that will probably come off again in May. The leaves are still yellow and mostly on the trees, but winter is well on it way. I also realize that I have not touched my blog in the past few months. I am beginning to think that blogging- much like journaling in my life- is a great idea to me, but I simply lack the discipline to actually update it consistently. Uploading photos to Costco and then giving the world my username and password seems like more my style of letting people follow our lives.
At any rate, we have survived a great summer up here. The weather has been gorgeous and warm. A small recap of our summer follows: Trav's parents were up for a week in June after school let out and before fishing season. We put them to work on house projects. It was so much fun to have them up here for the week. Trav left a couple days later for fishing- was gone this year for just about 5 weeks. I spent a lot of time in Homer and tried to juggle an extremely busy work schedule, baby, and general house upkeep- including tending all of the things that Trav planted before he left. I was determined to not kill every single thing although I did manage to try my hardest at it. Luckily the fishing season was short enough that he came back to rescue the garden and flowers. Fishing was over the end of July. Trav took a different job and started promptly in August. He spent his small week of vacation trying to transition away from one job and start the next, recover from fishing, trying to work on the house a bit, and start coaching.
I feel like I spent the summer in somewhat of a survival mode. We have been trying very hard to finish up our outside house projects before the snow flies. We have been busy. B is doing great. He is really into books, puzzles, puddles, eating anything, and flushing things down the toilet. This morning I caught him trying to flush an entire roll of toilet paper down. I admit it does look very cool going around and around. He is a very funny guy and we enjoy him immensely.
Enough of the talk though... Following is the beginning of summer pictures. They are actually posted backwards so you should look at the bottom of the post and work your way up. Playing dominoes with my dad. We spent a lot of time in Homer as it was the only way I survived without Trav for a month.
Playing at the park in Homer.
Helping me grind raisins up for cookies for daddy to send out to the boat.
1 comments:
Annie...... Happy Birthday...this is the only way I know how to get a hold of you. I don't even have your email address. Hope you are doing well. I am thinking of you today!!! You need to catch up on your blog :} Love you and hugs. Terry
Post a Comment