CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 11, 2008

.5 of 1 Year

B is officially 6 months old today. We celebrated by eating carrots this evening (He loves squash, is less excited about carrots). I have pictures to post, but the Internet is being too slow this evening.
The snow is still coming down in big flakes this evening; it started this afternoon. I turned the fire on, made some bread, and read books to B after we got home instead of going for a walk with him this evening. Bristol will be excited to see the snow in the morning.
I took him in for his 6 month checkup last week- we went in a little early as his pediatrician was going to be out of town this week. He is 27 1/2 inches long and 20.2 pounds. I have to take him back in on Friday for shots. I HATE shots.
In other news, Travis is another year older. We celebrated with prime rib and a few of the cousins. I made a Double Musky Cake for him- it was four layers of yuminess. The last layer looked less than perfect, but tasted wonderful. I got him a deep fat fryer that he has been wanting for a couple of years. We are supposed to break it out tomorrow for Brittany's birthday. Not sure what we will fry but I am sure we will find something.
I started Christmas shopping this weekend. I hate doing it at the last minute (a difference between Trav and I). So, I hit a couple of Christmas shows. I am trying to buy only things where the money goes to charity or oversees.
Our enrollment period is over finally. We have around 370 kids in the program. I have switched from meeting with them all to managing their progress and dealing with problems. I am looking forward to a slower couple of months. Many kids are making great progress already. We have just started to pull comparison numbers from last year.
Another big change is that we switched "dayhomes" for Bristol. Although it will be a little period of transition for everyone, I am excited about the change. I stopped by today on my way from my office to the downtown program and he was giggling and squealing. He is so funny. I love that he loves to play peek-a-boo, cuddles with me in the morning, and absolutely LOVES his daddy.
I will try to post some pictures soon.

0 comments: