CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 15, 2008

Peas, Water, and Blocks

That is what I feel like our lives consist of these days. We are busy trying to wrap up things at work and home to head south for Christmas break- one of the many perks of being on a school schedule. I can't really remember the last time I spent Christmas up here- maybe in college. It is always nice to get out on the long break because then it truly feels like a break to me.

Bristol has finally figured out a new trick- he is rolling over consistently. Before, he would do it every once in awhile, but generally seemed uninterested in it. He still likes to hang upside down every chance he gets, is generally excited about anything that resembles food, collapses into giggles, and can scoot a bit. Doesn't take much these days to keep us entertained.

Probably like most people in America, it is hard to believe that Christmas is around the corner. I baked cookies and goodies for my offices and for Trav's work. Brittany and Marco came over to help me finish up last night which was nice. We have a few Christmas parties to attend and then we are both hoping to get a good break for a couple of weeks. I have all but two presents bought which leaves me feeling very organized about the whole affair. I am so looking forward to some warmer weather.

Saturday, I went with Megan for breakfast at Snow City Cafe. I saw her ring for the first time- its gorgeous. We planned on watching the ski team race but the thermometer read -0.4 and I decided that maybe it was a better idea to finish some paperwork and other inside projects. It has since warmed up to 14 which feels like a heatwave. The trees are unbelievably gorgeous since it melted and then refroze. For the short while that it is light during the day, they look beautiful. Although I am quite sure that the cactus will also look just as gorgeous to me.

Next post will find us south enjoying family, friends, and a warmer sunshine.


Water: I tried to post a video of this scene, but Bristol has taken a liking to drinking the water from the faucet. He also tries to grab on to the stream. I love his curiosity and hope to always foster it in him.

Peas: he tries to feed himself but it ends up everywhere. Speaking of food... it has been fun to make our own baby food although I have found that Alaska is a bit tough from a variety and organic standpoint. Veggies are not hard, but the fruit is more difficult. I broke down last week and bought him some jars of organic fruit just so that he could have some variety in addition to apples and pears.

Blocks: not sure if he likes the blocks or the basket that the blocks go in more. He likes to put the basket on his head and play peek-a-boo. At the Montessori daycare center, they keep all the toys in different size baskets and bowls so he is used to that. I have tried to adopt some of the same practices as it helps keep it consistent for him. I am so thankful that we found a place where he is so well taken care of, and I don't feel guilty every time I leave him.

On that note, I hope that everyone is able to take a break and enjoy the holiday season.

0 comments: