Today I am officially closer to 30 than to 25. I tend to view birthdays as more of a milestone to look over the past year and set some goals for myself; much like the way many view January 1st. It is also interesting to look back where I was last year at this same time. Last year I had just figured out that I was pregnant- a pretty big surprise. I am a firm believer that the 9 months simply is the amount of time that most people need to prepare themselves for the changes that life suddenly takes with a baby.
The highlights that I can come up with tonight...
- Survived almost hitting the 200 pound mark (I didn't, much to George's disappointment).
The highlights that I can come up with tonight...
- Survived almost hitting the 200 pound mark (I didn't, much to George's disappointment).
- Giving birth... enough said
- Endured my last winter of rain (hopefully)
- Changed jobs
- Moved states
- Lost my Grandpa Slabaugh
- Said goodbye to friends and family in Oregon
- Said goodbye to friends and family in Oregon
- Am within driving distance of my parents
There have been so many other smaller things. I spent a lot of time on the couch this past year- trying to get through the pregnancy while still working full time. I also realize how much my support system around me enabled us to make and survive all of the transitions and changes. I can't even begin to wrap my head around what we have been able to do because of so many of you. It has been a huge year for me and for our whole family. Mostly I am thankful today- thankful for all of my family and friends and for the chance to do everything that I do. I deal with so many people every day that don't have close to the support and love that I so often don't think about. I never take it for granted; sometimes I just get too busy to realize what I do have.
There have been so many other smaller things. I spent a lot of time on the couch this past year- trying to get through the pregnancy while still working full time. I also realize how much my support system around me enabled us to make and survive all of the transitions and changes. I can't even begin to wrap my head around what we have been able to do because of so many of you. It has been a huge year for me and for our whole family. Mostly I am thankful today- thankful for all of my family and friends and for the chance to do everything that I do. I deal with so many people every day that don't have close to the support and love that I so often don't think about. I never take it for granted; sometimes I just get too busy to realize what I do have.
Sorry for the repeats on the pictures... Haven't mastered the blogging....
1 comments:
The dinosaur picture is my favorite! But the "little bee man is done" made me laugh too. What a cute baby! I can't even get over it. Loved reading your blog--keep up the good work!
Post a Comment