CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 28, 2008

Sunday Rest

A lot has happened since the last entry... I have been feeling completely overwhelmed by my life at this point and so the blog has been the last thing that I can bring myself to update in the evening. I know that the season will change and I think that I can see the end. It has been a huge transition for us and hopefully things will settle down in another few weeks.
Travis has had to pick up the pieces many nights in the past week and a half. I am thankful for his consistency in my life. We celebrated our wedding anniversary on Wednesday. Has been two years already, although Trav has been around for a little over six years.
We celebrated with a pizza from the Mooses Tooth and then I had to go downtown to speak at the graduation ceremony for those kiddos that finished up over the summer. I am always humbled to realize how lucky I am. There were eight that had finished up over the summer- half of them had babies of their own. (I don't see how those girls do it). All had dropped out at least once, and they were from all different ethnic backgrounds- Alaska Native, Samoan, African- American, and Korean. To hear their stories is always humbling and inspiring. They have faced all kinds of challenges and have reached a goal that was for so many of them was not even an option outside of the program.
Speaking of work- it has been overwhelming and the numbers are staggering. We have two more weeks of enrollment before state counts- we are right at 350. I have a feeling we will be over 400 kids by the time it is done. Kids are really starting to pour in now- partly due to the weather (we got snow this week), school has been in session for over a month, the big high schools don't work for so many, and they also need a warm place to be this winter. I guess I should look at as job security.
Travis is still busy coaching. That is also coming to an end in a couple of weeks. I cant say that I am not excited about it.
Bristol is still just four and a half months old. I have to keep reminding myself that he is still little and it is okay that he is so much work. I took him in to the doctor on Friday for them to look at a rash- he is 18.8 pounds and 26 inches long. He continues to amaze me and make me laugh. When I take a moment to realize what I have, the things that I lack (sleep, time to exercise, an organized house, empty laundry basket, long relaxing showers etc) suddenly don't matter.

This picture is upside down, but he is really starting to hold on to his own bottle. Now if we could just get the kid on steak so he would sleep 8 hours consistently...


Speaking of eating- everything is going in his mouth these days- including the all-natural teething ring that is just a little big but BPA and all of those other things FREE...


The non-BPA Free toy that is made in China. However, it fits in his mouth and he loves it.


Auntie Jessie came over this afternoon to hang out.

Bristol loves her and he shows it by drooling all over her. She does not love that part.
In the jumparoo... He has no neck in this picture and for some reason looks extra chunky.
Trav likes to use the sink sprayer to hose him off.
Taking the shower.
He almost has enough hair to have a mohawk.




0 comments: