CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 8, 2008

Firsts

Although I am a little hesitant about this blog thing; I cannot figure out a better way to communicate with everyone consistently. Instead of sending random emails with pictures to a few of you, or maybe to some of you that don't want them, I decided that I would create a page where people can view our adventures if they so choose. If not, it is a good place for me to journal. It was not long ago that I thought how ridiculous a blog was- that it was just another modern invention to get people to spend way too much time on a computer. I am hoping that the blog will be the opposite for me. There are so many of you that we want to keep in touch with but I simply do not have the time to write each of you everyday even though I would like to. Hopefully this will be a way to keep up with everyone.
It has been a whirwind of change for us again this year. Travis and I are both well into our new jobs. They each have different challenges for us, but we are enjoying them immensely. Bristol continues to grow and change each day. He will be 4 months old this week. He giggles, plays with his feet, and makes sounds that reduce me to giggling. He loves it outside, in his bathtub, anytime that he is diaper and clothes free, and loves to look at books- especially the writing. I broke down and bought him a activity gym yesterday so that he can grab and play with the different toys that hang down from it. My arms get tired of dangling toys above his head all of the time. Plus I think that he is sick of seeing the same toys. I keep waiting for him to roll over- he gets himself arched and on his side but can't quite kick his leg over. We go in to see the doctor this week. It will be interesting to see how big he is. Last time we were in (at 2 and 1/2 months) he was 14 pounds and 24.5 inches long. Looking back at the pictures from just a couple months ago it is hard to believe how much he has grown. We'll keep you posted.
Here are a few pictures from the past couple of days.



He loves his duck that Auntie Amanda gave him. Travis thinks that it is the perfect way to make him a true U of O fan.


He loves his Dad.


Reading on my parents floor in Homer.


We met Megan at the dock when she came in from fishing. It was the first year for a really long time that I was able to watch her come in from the season. Bristol has his favorite hat on- he loves it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blog!! Post lots of pictures of my little bear! I miss you guys so much!

Tobin x 3 said...

I am proud of you babe for creating something that is technology savy. You need to talk with my agent about posting pictures of me though. Isn't our son so cute.

Teresa Lee said...

Annie!!! I am impressed!!!! This will be a great way to stay connected.....
Check out my blog at:
grandmaterrylee.blogspot.com

Aren't we getting into the "tech" world. It was so wonderful to see you in Alaska a few weeks ago and to hold that precious baby boy of yours! Love you, Terry♥

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are doing this! I can't believe how Bristol is starting to look like a people now! I miss the three of you a lot. I am working on that project I told you about so long ago. Maybe I'll be done with it by the time Bristol graduates from college... :D

Darcey and Jeff said...

Holy Crap! I had no clue that you had a small child! Congrats. He is so cute and I want to know what you did to get him to fall asleep in the tub. My son would never do that. What are you doing these days, what is your new job?